Job Title:Technical Rigging Animator
As a Technical Rigging Animator, you will work alongside and support the Animation Team creating character, vehicle, weapon rigs and tools needed to support a creative and efficient production pipeline.
You must be able to thrive in a challenging environment, with an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, and a deep passion for videogames. Experience in first-person shooter (FPS) games and knowledge of the Call of Duty games is a huge plus.
This is an excellent opportunity to work and be part of a highly talented team of proven developers who are passionate about making games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Create and implementing efficient character/weapon/vehicle/prop rigs for the project
• Work close with Animators, taking feedback on rigs and identifying areas to improve the creation of animation content.
• Help develop and maintain character facial rigs to support the facial animation pipeline
• Cooperating and working closely with the modeling and assets teams
• Working with MEL/Python scripts to automate the character animation process
• Computer Programming/Scripting experience (e.g. C#, C++, MEL, Python, Etc.)
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or one to two years related experience and/or training
• Experience developing rigs for Max, Maya, and/or MotionBuilder
• excellent understanding of skin weight painting and skin deformation
• Can quickly learn and master new tools, processes and pipelines
• Familiarity of Game Engine requirements and rig parameters for Game Engines
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with other disciplines and departments
• Contribute and be part of a highly creative team, receiving and responding to feedback
• Familiarity of both key framed and motion capture pipelines
• Knowledge of Houdini, including rigid bodies, soft bodies and clothing simulation is desirable
• Absolute passion for playing and making the industry's best videogames
• Strong reel demonstrating good range of rigs
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.