Job Title:Technical Lighting Artist
As a Technical Lighting Artist you will play a crucial role in art pipeline and tools development to further expand and empower our world-class Art department's capabilities. You will be a steadfast champion of high-quality visuals and intuitive tools. As the essential glue between our lighting and engineering teams, you will actively promote communication, collaboration, and awareness that result in win-win scenarios. You will work alongside some of the most experience lighting artists, tech artists, and rendering engineers in the industry on a daily basis to identify, investigate and overcome any technical challenges that limit our creative vision and goals. This is a full time temporary position.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Share your deep passion for technical graphics knowledge and your drive to improve and expand upon lighting tools.
• Implement pipeline feature requirements from lighting, design, and technical teams
• Operate in proprietary scripting code and tools to standardize complex light behaviors
• Maintain, improve, and document existing lighting tools and pipeline
• Detect, report, and monitor rendering issues (e.g. bug submissions, tracking status, pending integrations, game performance and memory usage, etc.)
• Create example maps for testing, educational and corrective purposes
• Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
• Shipped at least one console title as a Technical Lighting Artist or Graphics engineer
• In depth knowledge of real time physically based rendering theory and material authoring
• Experience with Python or C#
• Experience with color grading (CLUTs/ToneMapping) and shader development
• Curious, proactive, self-motivated, decisive and demonstrates pragmatic problem-solving skills
• Demonstrates a service and support mindset when translating requests into robust, accurate, and user-friendly tools.
• Excellent understanding of color and color theory, space, material and light in relation to their application in games
• Demonstrates an understanding HDR and SDR pipelines
• Experience with Qt for Python
• In depth understanding of photography principles
• Knowledge of the Call of Duty franchise.
• Possesses a strong understanding of the FPS gameplay including knowledge of the best-in-class games in the genre.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.