Activision Publishing is currently looking for a Technical Director to join the Mobile Team. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for leading and launching great games.
As the Technical Director of AP's Mobile Team, you will help guide the technical foundation of our mobile initiative and manage the technical roadmaps across multiple projects. In partnering with both internal and external studios, your goals will be to manage the technical development from concept to release and deliver great high-quality games that achieve franchise initiatives, as well as attain their financial and schedule goals on time.
You will be part of the leadership team partnering with the Mobile CTO and work in conjunction with multiple cross-functional groups, ranging from Activision executive leadership and development studios. You will use your experience to improve the technical foundation of mobile, assess emerging technologies and manage the integration/creation of various SDKs, as well as drive key franchise initiatives with both developers and internal department leads.
• Defining 3-Year Technical Roadmaps for all technology within Activision Publishing's Mobile team
• Providing technical guidance from a Mobile perspective throughout the organization
• Auditing the technical quality of emerging technologies and integrations
• Auditing the technical quality of all major project milestones
• Defining Configuration Management, Automation and Operational strategies in partnership with central teams
• Identifying and mitigating all technical risks for the Mobile team
Battle Tested Leader
• 7+ years leadership experience in the AAA, casual or mobile gaming industry
• Minimum 2 full project cycles of experience managing at a Technical Director capacity, running a large franchise project in the gaming industry
• Experience with defining and leading platform initiatives
• Extensive experience with a breadth of programming languages and tools
• Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
• Ability to identify risks early and often and suggest mitigation strategies that are thought through and consider multiple paths to a solution
• Exceptional communication and leadership skills
• Strong influencing skills
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent-masters preferred
• Passion for making video games
• You speak other languages; specifically, the languages of marketing, PR, sales, QA, CS, Localizations, Tech, AV, CRM, etc. Leading the Technical aspects of the game is only part of the job, you'll need to collaborate with all kinds of diverse groups and people
• Experience effectively collaborating with internal teams and development studios within the video game industry. You will only be as successful as your relationship with the development teams allows you
Strategist with the Skills to Execute
• High Technical acumen
• Business owner/operator mindset
• Never afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
• Facilitator who clear roadblocks in front of your team or the development team
Organizer and Problem Solver
• There are always many balls in the air – JUGGLE THEM ALL
• Can you take what looks to be impossible and make it possible through ingenuity, creativity and any other means necessary to get the job done?
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zop8-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.