London, United Kingdom
Activision Central Technology's CTX group is a team of artists, scientists, and engineers who collaborate with Activision studios to develop pioneering workflows and techniques for game content creation. We combine expertise from the game industry and the film industry to advance real-time visuals to levels which were previously exclusive to motion pictures.
You will be part of a Central Technology effort to provide industry best game assets to our upcoming titles.
Your Mission is to work with multiple teams and new technology to build best-in-class character and prop assets and streamline the delivery of these photoreal assets to our games.
• Effectively champion excellence in character art across the company
• Identify potential technical art issues and collaborate with developers and Central resources to devise and implement solutions
• Act as an expert consultant to the development studios on character art pipelines and methodologies
• Maintain relationships with development teams throughout projects to ensure art-related goals are progressing appropriately
• Develop Tools, Plugins, Workflows for Maya and MotionBuilder
• Create Assets for In-Game and Cinematics use (Modeling, Texturing)
• Development for Facial Motion Capture Pipeline and development of rigging pipeline
• Work closely with Central R&D group to create visual assets, development tools and novel workflows in support of our R&D projects and our development teams
• build Photogrammetry Capture rigs for prop and environment capture
• Assist in driving character art-related R&D projects to completion
• Assist in advocating art-related R&D projects to internal and external stakeholders
• Multiple shipped titles in technical art leadership positions
• Strong, successfully-demonstrated expertise in character art pipelines
• Expansive game-specific technical art knowledge
• Clearly-demonstrated passion for pursuing excellence through innovation
• A positive attitude and ability to work on a multi-discipline team
• A passion for developing high quality games
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to innovate.
• Outstanding communication skills
• Ability to balance both ambition and risk mitigation for a project
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55owz-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.