Want to be a part of the exciting gaming experience of hundreds of millions of players? Come join us!
We're looking for an Team Lead to lead a development team in Vancouver that designs, builds, runs, and evolves our game progression, rewards, and player engagement services platforms for the Call of Duty franchise and other popular Activision titles.
The department is responsible for delivering core capabilities in the Demonware online platform and developing new online services and features to support the future of the online gaming market. The development is geared towards low-latency and large-scale distributed systems that can handle millions of concurrently connected users. This role will have a large impact on the online and multiplayer experience for AAA multiplayer games, including Call of Duty.
In this role, you will:
• Provide direction and strategy for our products. Understand what the big picture is and how to get there.
• Own the relationship with customers and game studios in relation to your products. Understand their needs and provide an outstanding service personally and through your team.
• Management of goals, performance, and career advancement for your team. Holding reports accountable to their encouraged contribution for their level.
• Provide career direction for direct and indirect reports, helping them establish a personal career path and continuously develop themselves.
• Collaborate with the project manager to map out and deliver team objectives and priorities for the year based on company goals and studios' requirements
• Prioritize and coordinate team members to optimally work on features together and with other teams in Demonware
• Ensure the software produced by the team achieves the quality bar we expect
• Collaborate with HR and recruitment on various people and recruitment needs
• 2+ years of experience in similar leadership role (other combinations of technical skills and experience may be considered).
• Experience working in a game studio or providing online services to game studios will be a benefit.
• Previous experience building and leading hard-working software development teams. Along with the ability to engage, develop, and retain impactful engineers.
• Open to travel and accommodate a flexible work schedule that includes being on-call.
• Expertise in effective project management processes, software development methodologies, and their application
• Experience providing feedback and guidance to technical discussions, ensuring sound engineering is applied in problem solving and technical decision making
• Experience in Python, MySQL and Kafka is a plus
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of willingness. This means collaborating to tackle exciting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r70wmq-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.