Welcome to Activision Mobile. We're a new in-house studio, dedicated to developing the best AAA mobile games in the world.
Our first project is a new AAA mobile title in the Call of Duty franchise and we're looking for great talent from mobile, console and PC backgrounds passionate about their work, who share our belief in what AAA experiences on mobile can and should be. We're incredibly excited to build out our teams and get to work, and invite you to join us in making something special.
Activision Publishing is currently seeking an experienced Mobile Systems Designer to work on a new mobile title. We are looking for a multi-talented and expert designer with the ability to adapt to various forms of systems design. You will work directly with the Creative Leaders to conceptualize, implement, and maintain mobile monetization systems, social systems, and adapt designs based off of live data.
Previous experience creating complex systems designs while also providing a portfolio heavy on mobile, and live operations design work is paramount.
• Work with the Design Director to distill the creative direction into functional designs; including new mobile features, social systems and events for live operations
• Design new game features and systems
• Balance game mechanics for free-to-play mobile game
• Conceptualize, pitch and iterate on designs with the design team.
• Tune and maintain economy in a live free-to-play game
• Work with Product Managers and Designers to achieve project KPI's.
• 5+ Years experience as a systems designer OR 3+ shipped titles in a role that designed and drove system design, preferably Mobile
• Ability to conceptualize design ideas and communicate those ideas to the team.
• Extensive content and systems design experience. Ideally someone who has creatively owned complete implementations from concept to delivery.
• Ability to conceptualize original game mechanics and level settings and push them through to completion.
• Extremely strong critical-thinking skills.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Ability to dissect level and game design in recent games (discuss what you like/don't like).
• Strong documentation skills (show your organizational skills through your design docs).
COVID-19 Hiring Update: While our Mobile Studio is based in Santa Monica, CA, we've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Activision Mobile is an emerging team within Activision Publishing focusing on both publishing and live-operations for Call of Duty Mobile along with our new in-house studio dedicated to the development of AAA mobile titles. Designed around the singular focus of creating the best games in our space, ours is a mobile studio like no other. Developing in collaboration with Activision studios around the world, work on a new AAA mobile game in the Call of Duty franchise has begun.
It takes the industry's best talent to make entertainment history, and while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a driven and diverse team of people producing greatness together. We're looking for developers from mobile and PC backgrounds passionate about their work and who believe in realizing the potential of mobile gaming as much as we do.
We're highly collaborative, relaxed, and deadly serious about creating incredible entertainment for passionate players around the world. We approach mobile development as a craft, and our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got you covered!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y338-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.