Lead Systems Designer
Job Title:Systems Designer
Your mission is to develop, implement and tune player-first experiences that will be enjoyed by millions of gamers across the globe. You must thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment. An agile and flexible mindset is also necessary since this position must deal with a wide variety of internal and external partners. Excellent and persuasive communication skills are a must.
• Collaborate with Creative Directors, Designers, Engineers, Artists, Producers, and Animators to deliver world-class game systems
• Research subject matter relating to the design objective to ensure an authentic experience
• Possess a comprehensive understanding of the design process spanning all facets of the game
• Create and maintain design documents and systems specifications for games with an eye toward systems design and then provide verbal and written assessments of the same
• Clearly and effectively pitch designs and features using multimedia tools
• Interface with other Design teams to ensure systems are understood and utilized
• Be a proactive self-starter that can independently execute high-level direction
• Use scripting tools to create, iterate, and balance game mechanics and systems
• Play builds of games in-progress and provide concise and prioritized feedback to both internal teams and external partners
• Uphold system designs during a live environment
• Work closely with our user-testing teams during play-balancing to provide expert feedback
• Mentor fellow Designers
• 2+ years in the games industry working in a system design capacity, with at least 1 shipped title in the AAA console / PC space
• Ability to lead by example echoed through a professional and e goless personality
• Impressive communication skills
• Solid understanding of systems design with ability to clearly discuss modern trends
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Expertise writing high and low-level documentation (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
• Passion for Call of Duty, with understanding of the franchise's progression and reward systems
• Hunger for gaming (especially online) with a broad range of game experience
• Experience with programming/scripting languages
Extra Points for having…
• Profound understanding of the Call of Duty franchise and Warzone.
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the F2P games space.
• Prior experience working on a games-as-a-service product.
• Experience with visual software (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.