Sherman Oaks, CA
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprising seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the US, and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are composed of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for supporting, managing and maintaining the IT infrastructure for our Mobile team and our growing Mobile division. Role will be reporting into Activision's Central Tech group located in Sherman Oaks, CA. It will be essential in this role to have the capability and the willingness to provide support in all IT areas including help desk, asset management, monitoring, data storage and backup. The candidate will need to be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems quickly and efficiently in a studio environment. The candidate will also need to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of teams and users.
• Primary support of our Mobile team and affiliates
• Global desktop support for on-site users in multiple offices as well as remote users
• User account and workstation set up (software and hardware)
• Manage network infrastructure
• Troubleshoot issues and outages
• Server, storage and VM planning, configuration and maintenance
• Ensuring all deployments adhere to GIS compliance and policies
• Provide technical documentation for configurations and procedures
• Thorough understanding of Windows, Linux and Mac environments
• Experience managing LDAP (Active Directory) and productivity services (Office 365, Google Workspace)
• Experience with networks and network administration
• 3-5 years' experience supporting studio game development
• Data Center experience a plus
• Understanding of different storage architectures
• Ability to configure and deploy virtual machines, containers and bare-metal services
• Strong scripting skills
• Experience managing Atlassian applications (Confluence, JIRA)
• Understanding of Perforce administration
• Experience with game development kits
• Excellent communication skills
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.