Santa Monica, CA
Senior Game Designer - Economy
As a Senior Game Designer - Economy, you will be an owner and leader of economy systems on the team. You will own major economy systems and determine changes or improvements to the game. While partnering with the lead designer, you will help set high quality standards and expectations across the team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Work alongside the design team to ensure a cohesive gameplay experience.
• Work with the lead designer to set standards and expectations within the design team.
• Own and become the feature lead for economy and progression systems within the game.
• Conceptualize, pitch, and iterate on designs with the dev team.
• Actively debate design concepts, systems, and mechanics with the design team.
• Prototype, implement, and tune designs and concepts using in-house tools within time frames provided.
• Develop simulations to test and iterate on economy systems for a live environment.
• Work with artists, engineers, animators, and audio experts to bring designs to life.
• Constantly iterate on game systems to find the fun based on user feedback, analytics, and design goals.
• Refine the gameplay experience above and beyond expectations to execution excellence.
• 5+ years of experience designing games
• 5+ years of economy simulation and tuning experience
• Previous experience working on a title as a systems/game designer
• Passion for games and fun interactive gameplay
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8z71m-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.