Staff Software Engineer (Frontend)
Technology & Development
Front end Engineer (Senior/Principal)
• You will help build tools that will enable different advertising business needs
• You are an experienced front end engineer with a proven track record of building high quality services and web UIs
• You will be responsible for building products, supporting experiences and services, delivering in a fast, agile, and reliable manner with high quality and low technical debt
• You should be passionate about building, improving, and championing our work.
• You will engage in code reviews and provide inputs/feedback to developers
• A strong sense of ownership is a must
• Develop new product tools that will enable our advertising business needs
• Collaborate with peers to write, review, or provide feedback on a technical design proposal
• Mentor junior members in the team
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or 4+ additional years work experience)
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
• Experience in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, etc.)
• Experience working with Redux or similar front-end frameworks
• Domain of ReactJS, NodeJs or a modern front end framework
• Advanced CSS skills
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience improving web latency in complex large scale deployments. • Ability to convert a design document into a working user interface with no loss in fidelity
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King's games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It's what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we're not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyo0vk-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.