Sinclair Broadcast Group
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprised of seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are comprised of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
Activision is seeking a Technical Director, Systems to join the Activision Central Technology group. This is a unique position that will see you working aside some of the most forward-looking technologists in the industry in order to advance the state of the art in games.
As part of the Central Technology group you will work in both a research & development as well as an implementation capacity, assisting the studio teams (Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Sledgehammer, etc.) in realizing their goals of solving cutting-edge problems in their titles. You will also have the opportunity to work across business units, interacting with senior talent from both Blizzard and King.
Your work will emphasize new and novel approaches that can be shared amongst the studio teams, but always within a context that delivers technology that solves real problems for those teams rather than novelty for its own sake. You will be expected to embed with the teams while working on these projects, but also do your work in such a way that it can be easily transported in order to maximize impact across the organization.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Research, design, and implement new approaches to solving difficult problems in real-time computer entertainment
• Work closely with our other engineers and platform specialists to maximize quality while minimizing run-time cost
• Combine novel technique with ruthless efficiency by learning the specific operation of our hardware platform targets
• Help to educate staff, mentoring and providing expert guidance and leadership in the field
• Extensive knowledge of computer architecture
• History of working with real-time performance constraints
• An ability to operate within a large, constantly-evolving C++ codebase
• Familiarity with modern systems concepts in a variety of fields, including multi-threading, efficient file I/O, and memory management
• Familiarity with modern real-time rendering APIs, both shader language and draw submission
• Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience. An advanced degree is a plus but not required
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.