Principal Core Engineer
Sherman Oaks, CA
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprised of seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are comprised of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
The Activision Infrastructure team is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join the team in our office in Sherman Oaks, California. This team supports a variety of cloud and on-premises workloads and you will be instrumental in setting standards on key technologies. You will help drive both performance and cost efficiencies within Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and private cloud infrastructure.
We help lead innovations around build pipelines, infrastructure automation, and high performance storage in partnership with multiple internal teams and game studios.
• Drive IaC and automation projects to produce scalable and repeatable infrastructure
• Guide storage, cloud and build pipeline standards and requirements
• Troubleshoot issues with storage, cloud services, vendors, and open source projects
• Coordinate with development teams to identify and implement appropriate GCP services
• Actively contribute to documentation repositories
• Design custom tools and scripts as necessary
• Participate in an on-call support rotation
• Demonstrated ability designing and delivering large-scale projects
• Experience managing reproducible infrastructure e.g. Infrastructure as Code
• Experience managing file, block, and object storage architectures
• Container Experience (container build pipelines, troubleshooting, and architecture)
• Basic networking (routes, security groups, firewall rules)
• Experience in version control and managing CI build pipelines (Git & Perforce preferred)
• Experience with database technologies (SQL, NoSQL, memory cache)
• Experience in monitoring/metrics systems
• Strong scripting language skills (Python preferred)
• Excellent communication skills
• Expertise in both Windows and Linux
• 2+ yrs Cloud Computing Experience (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
• 5+ yrs of System Engineering experience or equivalent
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.