Welcome to Activision Mobile. We're a new in-house studio, dedicated to developing the best AAA mobile games in the world.
Our first project is a new AAA mobile title in the Call of Duty franchise and we're looking for great talent from mobile, console and PC backgrounds passionate about their work, who share our belief in what AAA experiences on mobile can and should be. We're incredibly excited to build out our teams and get to work, and invite you to join us in making something special.
Activision Publishing is currently seeking an experienced Senior Designer of social features to work on a new mobile title. We are looking for a multi-talented social systems and engagement designer with the ability to adapt proven social mechanics and compulsion loops from successful social networks and social game designs to our next generation mobile title. You will work directly with the Executive Producers, Product managers and UX teams to conceptualize, prototype, implement, and optimize social mechanics and related systems for improved player engagement, evangelism and retention.
Previous experience leading successful feature designs within a mobile social application or mobile game service is paramount.
• Lead the design for all social networking features within the game, including chat, messaging, groups and the engagement loops that encourage meaningful social interactions between players
• Work with the Executive Producer and Product teams to identify needs and requirements and distill into practical, functional, actionable designs
• Author effective Designs for new social features and systems and drive the design of iterative improvements to existing social features
• Inspire and unite the social features team by fostering creativity, momentum, quality and excitement.
• Conceptualize, pitch and iterate on designs with the social features team and product stakeholders.
• Actively debate design concepts, systems and mechanics with the design team.
• Implement designs and concepts using in-house tools or in collaboration with development partners, within time frames provided.
• Work with UI artists, engineers, and other experts to bring designs to life.
• 7+ Years experience as a mobile game or social app designer
• 5+ Years experience designing social features, specifically (chat, messaging, friends, clans, UGC/sharing, referral programs, etc)
• UX design experience preferred
• Ability to conceptualize design ideas and communicate those ideas to the team.
• Extensive social design experience. Ideally someone who has creatively owned complete implementations from concept to delivery.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Ability to dissect social design in recent games and apps (discuss what you like/don't like).
• Strong documentation skills (show your organizational skills through your design docs).
COVID-19 Hiring Update: While our Mobile Studio is based in Santa Monica, CA, we've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Activision Mobile is an emerging team within Activision Publishing focusing on both publishing and live-operations for Call of Duty Mobile along with our new in-house studio dedicated to the development of AAA mobile titles. Designed around the singular focus of creating the best games in our space, ours is a mobile studio like no other. Developing in collaboration with Activision studios around the world, work on a new AAA mobile game in the Call of Duty franchise has begun.
It takes the industry's best talent to make entertainment history, and while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a driven and diverse team of people producing greatness together. We're looking for developers from mobile and PC backgrounds passionate about their work and who believe in realizing the potential of mobile gaming as much as we do.
We're highly collaborative, relaxed, and deadly serious about creating incredible entertainment for passionate players around the world. We approach mobile development as a craft, and our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got you covered!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71wo6-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.