Spanish (Spain) Language Specialist
This is an exciting time to join us! Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favourite thing about it, and they'll tell you, it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn't come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together.
We are nothing without our employee's brilliance. So if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's the people. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, and Spyro.
Localisation Dublin was established in 2007 and is located 2.3km from Dublin City Centre in East Point Business Park. As a team we are responsible for the Project Management and Quality Assurance of our great games. Our purpose is to ensure that the localised version of a game meets the highest quality standards before being released. At our location you can expect to work with people from all across the world.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
• The Spanish Language Specialist is responsible for supporting the localisation of high-quality marketing assets for Spanish specifically by close collaborative work with Project Management and Localisation QA.
• The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the localisation of assigned products from planning through to delivery.
• Translate / Proofread video game related documents from English to Spanish.
• Review and approve assets before they are published.
• Partner with external Spanish localisation agencies to decide questions of translation style, answer queries and provide support in facilitating the delivery of high-quality translation.
• Work with the internal Project Management team to develop and implement plans which will deliver quality for our Spanish language games.
• Work with the internal QA Department during the quality assurance process for localised versions of products and be a point of escalation and advice for the Spanish localisation testers for translation and linguistic questions.
• Communicate in a clear and timely fashion any risks which could impact the quality of the product and delivery schedule. Put corrective measures in place where possible.
• Tracking, evaluating and fixing linguistic bugs as required.
• Create / Maintain the game translation assets – such as Glossary/Termbase, Translation Memories and style guides.
• Previous experience as a Spanish Translator, ideally within the video game industry.
• Experience using industry CAT tools, especially memoQ.
Knowledge & Skills
• Fluent in Spanish verbal and written. Creative writing skills a distinct advantage
• Business fluency in English verbal and written
• Demonstrated creative translation expertise and experience in subtitling/voice script localisation and adaptation.
• Specialisation – having experience with and an understanding of different gaming genres especially shooters (FPS)
• Knowledge of the videogame and localisation industries.
• Understanding of local and market cultural sensitivities
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9jyn7-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.