Sherman Oaks, CA
Demonware is seeking an Software Engineer, Analytics with experience building data infrastructure and performing statistical analysis on in-game features and technical solutions. This role will work on a team developing the next generation of data-driven technical challenges in areas such as…
• Optimizing memory, CPU and disk management
• Forecasting franchise/title disk footprint by platform
• Visualizing client level performance of in game features
• Analyzing performance of cloud based workloads
• Analyze massive data sets to optimize game engineering workflows
• Collaborate with the team to deliver complex analytics to our portfolio of games with an easy-to-understand visualization / UI
• Partner with game studios to identify and troubleshoot engineering bottlenecks
• Develop tools for extracting, analyzing, and presenting game data
• Strong interpersonal skills, service-oriented attitude
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Flexibility and adaptability required
• Ability to learn on the job and adapt to new challenges quickly
• Experience writing and debugging software in C/C++, Python, Lua, and C#
• Experience with source control software (Perforce, Git, etc.)
• Solid experience working with Big Data technologies (Spark, Presto, SQL)
• Deep understanding of relational and non-relational databases (SQL, Postgres, Elasticsearch)
• Experience working with virtualized/containerized environments (EC2, EKS, Docker) in a production environment
• BA/BS degree in a technical field (computer science, math, physics)
• Experience working with game development teams, have a deep understanding of all aspects of the content creation pipeline
• Worked on online features or systems
• Experience building backend services
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.