El Segundo, CA
Activision, the publisher of the hit Call of Duty®, Guitar Hero®, and Skylanders® franchises, is looking for passionate gamers to join our Social Media Support team. If you are an avid gamer, who has excellent communication skills and enjoys helping people, come be a part of our team and help us support great games!
Social Media Support Agents support Activision customers with game related issues via social channels such as Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit. Through problem identification, troubleshooting, education, and resolution, Social Agents are required to provide innovative and exceptional customer handling. As a key member of the Customer Care team, Social Agents are expected to maintain Activision's culture of excellence and commitment to quality in every aspect of their work.
This is a highly visible forward facing position requiring an extensive knowledge of Activision products and services.
• Respond to customer inquiries and provide first contact resolution of customer issues via Facebook, Twitter, and other social channels.
• Handle a wide range of complex technical problems, including the company's most serious, visible and sensitive issues.
• Monitor listening posts and identify trends or threats to the customer experience or our brands.
• Moderate, implement, communicate and enforce policies within the community.
• Deliver timely and accurate responses to customer questions and requests.
• Provide exceptional customer experience as measured through customer surveys.
• Display a professional, positive, and enthusiastic demeanor to employees and customers.
• Assist in testing new methods and tools aimed at expediting our support processes.
• Maintain security and confidentiality of Activision internal information and customer/account information.
• Status: Temporary full-time employment
• Work Frequency: 40 hrs/wk, overtime as needed
• Shifts: Starting at 5am-12 am, will vary and depended upon coverage that is needed
• You must have the following in order to be considered.
• Strong customer service, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Strong PC hardware/software knowledge.
• Previous call center or direct customer-facing experience.
• Strong understanding of social media channels.
• Team player with a positive attitude.
• Avid interest in the latest PC and console video games and hardware.
• Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
• Thick skinned – the ability to remain polite with angry and uncooperative customers.
• Available to work days, nights, and weekends and overtime.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Strong PC troubleshooting skills
• Previous technical support experience
• Hardcore gamer
• Excellent attention to detail
• Previous community moderation experience
The position requires the ability to perform essential job functions which may typically include sitting; walking; standing; bending; use of hands to type, handle or feel, reach with arms or hands, stoop, kneel, talk, see, hear and carry light items such as papers, notebooks, pens, etc. May also require occasional travel by car or plane.
Note: The Social Media Support Agent will be hired as a Volt employee working on-site at Activision as the client. The employment relationship and any employment related questions or concerns will be managed by Volt as the employer. Employment with Volt is contingent upon an acceptable background investigation and training period. All employees must submit to a seven-year multi-county and separately held misdemeanor court search and seven-year federal criminal search.
Thank you for your interest in working at Activision. Only applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. There are no internship positions available. Sorry, relocation is not offered.
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.