Social Media Associate, Emerging Franchises (Contract)
Activision Blizzard is seeking a Social Media Associate experienced in community management, specializing specifically in Discord, who is passionate about the video game industry, player communities, communication and social media. This contributor role works in close partnership with the publishing teams and game teams to build player excitement and relationships for our franchises.
The ideal candidate is driven and self-motivated, has a passion for digital brand marketing and communications, with a proven record of large-scale community development efforts in the entertainment industry and on Discord
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Santa Monica, CA.
• Work with local franchise leads to build the publishing plans making sure that the Content strategy is aligned on Discord and other social communities
• Contribute to the design and execution of all global community development programs on Discord for the franchise(s)
• Create communication plans and run channels, striving for continuous improvement
• Conceptualize and lead Discord community development projects
• Control quality within social platforms including Discord
• Build networks with Discord community partners such as fan sites, influencers, and volunteers
• Work closely with publishing and web & teammates to align on strategy across Discord alongside similar social platforms
• Analyze and report on team performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation within Discord communities
• Provide relevant feedback to game teams on the Discord community's sentiment, concerns, and suggestions
• Talent and Influencer identification and development
• Coordinate CMS management and publishing
• Content vendors coordination (internal and external)
• Build engagement opportunities at in-person and online events
• Draft reports and analytics about: channels & content performance, voice of the players, sentiment, buzz and local trends
• Act as public-facing representative of ABK and communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels and at events
• Thorough knowledge on the social media trends, publishing tools and Discord model
• Gaming and Mobile knowledge
• Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
• Three years experience working with brand communications, social media, forums and channel management (publishing calendars, copywriting, reporting & analytics)
• Familiarity with project management and process improvement
• Able to travel, including international travel, and working weekends as needed
• Experience with third party relationship management
• Advanced degree(s) in marketing, communication, or a related field
• Project management training and experience
• Passionate about games or possessing ample experience with Activision Blizzard games
• Existing strong personal network within ATVI's Discord communities
• Video production and / or graphic arts experience
• Cover letter
Required Application Materials
Activision Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
• Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
• 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
• Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
• Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
• If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the US, the standard base pay range for this role is $23.85 - $44.12 Hourly. This base pay range is for the US and is not applicable to locations outside of the US Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzzxnq-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.