As a Gameplay UI Engineer you will develop innovative user interfaces that connect our gameplay to our audience. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a hardworking team that defines and shapes the UI of our upcoming Call of Duty titles. As a Gameplay UI Engineer you will be developing the user interface for many different aspects of the game.
You will need to be proficient in writing software in LUA script and C/C++ code.
Qualified candidates will need to have a background in the engineering of human graphical interfaces, an understanding of the console game user experience, and a passion for engaging gameplay.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Develop, modify, and debug UI software in script and C/C++
• Deploy, optimize, and test UI software on PC and console platforms
• Collaborate with other internal departments (art, design, audio, QA, etc.)
• Document software and features for internal and external teams
• Participate in the code review process
• Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
• Experience working with commercial, web or game user interfaces
• Shipped at least one game title
• Experience working in the game industry or related field
• Ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
• Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
• Ability to write efficient, readable, and reliable code
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79356-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.