Dev Support Engineer
Job Title:Senior Tools Engineer - Raven Software
As a Senior Tools Engineer at Raven Software you will be empowering the development teams to deliver a world class gaming experience. By providing them with new and improved tools, you will be maximizing their iteration times and productivity. You will be responsible for delivery of those tools to the development teams. You will utilize several technologies in the development of our tools, including C/C++, C#, Python, WPF, WinForms, and Qt. You will work with the Tools Lead and content creators to design and iterate on the tools & pipelines used to develop our titles.
Qualified candidates need to be agile and self-starters. This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning video game developer, and work with some of the best gaming talent in the world.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Develop, modify, debug, and optimize existing tools
• Gather requirements from content creators and stakeholders
• Architect and develop new tools used in asset creation, management, and conversion
• Co-develop and collaborate with other Activision studios
• Document software and features for internal and external teams
• Participate in the code review process
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineer, or Math related field
• 5+ years of experience in media-pipeline tools development (game, DCC, or movie)
• Previously shipped titles
• Strong background in C/C++
• Experience with C#
• Understanding of the fundamentals of 3D math
• Ability to quickly understand and work with internally and externally developed code
• Team motivated, with a good work ethic and desire to keep improving
• Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
• Demonstrated ability to write efficient, readable, and reliable code
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Passion for games and tools development
• Proficiency using Python, Perl, or other scripting languages
• Strong background in 3D math
• Working experience with various asset types that are used by modern games
• Knowledge of revision control systems & branching schemes; Perforce, Git, etc.
• Proficiency with CI solutions; Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, BuildBot, etc.
• Demonstrated work with modern consoles and toolchains
About Raven Software
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.