Engineering Manager - Products
Senior Technical Project Manager
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We work alongside engineers and creatives at our AAA partner studios and deliver the online and data services required by our massive franchises. We have launched well over 100 games, and our services connect multiple millions of players each day into epic entertainment experiences.
While Call of Duty continues to push us to build bigger and better systems year on year. We also have a strong history of supporting great franchises such as Tony Hawk, Crash Bandicoot, Destiny, Diablo, Guitar Hero, and Skylanders.
Our success comes for our talented and passionate people. Our work environment is welcoming and collaborative, we deliver on time and at scale.
This is a temporary (fixed term) position covering for a mat leave with a targeted start date of June 2021.
That sounds amazing, but what kind of impact can I make?
In this role you will take ownership of multiple large scale, complex projects/initiatives. They are responsible for ensuring our teams deliver features to our customers on schedule while achieving the necessary requirements for functionality and quality. They are a primary point of contact for internal and external project stakeholders and executives, while also champions for quality of life and well-being of their project teams.
Awesome, what will my ''day-to-day'' look like?
• Lead your team: Inspire and motivate your engineering team to achieve the deliverables you help them plan, scope and execute. Encourage an environment of ownership and accountability. Support our customers: Establish rock solid relationships with studio customers and ensure their requirements and timelines are properly accounted for in our planning. They should feel like you and your engineering team are an extension of the studio
• Work effectively: Apply and adapt Demonware tools and processes to ensure project standards, grow and improve these tools to suit your needs
• Mentor your peers: Contribute to Project Management best practices and tools, provide mentorship and guidance to other project managers
• Stay one step ahead: Proactively manage project issues, risks, and change, keeping team on-task, projecting milestones & deliverables to spec. Be able to easily quantify the impact of changing requirements and timelines
• Manage up: Represent the team's project plan and timelines to senior management and effectively escalate up when blockers or resource demands require it
What would you like to see in my background or interests?
• 5+ years of project management experience, preferably in a dynamic and technical environment
• PMP/Prince/Scrum Master certification or equivalent educational degree or certificate
• Comfortable working in engineering environment, understands terminology and can clearly communicate technical information to stakeholders and customers
• Highly skilled in project management methodologies, especially Agile, and able to apply and adapt process to suit team, organizational, and project necessities
• Experience in dealing with senior levels in organizations both internally and externally to report risk and get resolution to issues
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Positive, professional attitude and strong interpersonal skills
• Strong time management and organisation skills, with ability to focus on priorities & risk assessment
• Ability to fit into a dynamic, creative team environment
• Gets things done
What's in it for me?
Generous paid vacation, pension and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents. Working with really talented people across the Globe (Dublin, Vancouver, LA, Boulder and Shanghai) in a truly collaborative and supportive environment. To read more: https://demonware.net/careers
Hit ''apply'' to send us your resume/CV and one of our recruiters will be in touch if there is a fit. Thanks for considering us!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.