Welcome to Solid State Studios. We're a new in-house studio within Activision, dedicated to developing the best AAA mobile games in the world. Our first project is Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Mobile, and we're looking for great talent, passionate about their work, who share our belief in what AAA experiences on mobile can and should be. We're incredibly excited to build out our teams and get to work, and invite you to join us in making something special!
Solid State Studios is currently seeking an experienced Technical Artist for the studio that will have both project and studio responsibilities. Your mission is to play a critical role in developing responsive art tools and user-friendly workflow solutions for the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise. You are a self-sufficient teammate who takes ownership of critical tech art tasks, acts as a bridge between the art and engineering teams, and proactively and independently solves challenges. You also have an agile and flexible approach, and excellent and persuasive communication skills, as you will actively partner with some of the most dedicated and passionate developers in the industry. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and committed teammate to help tell our story.
• Share your deep passion for technical art knowledge and your drive to improve and expand upon content creation pipelines and tool sets.
• Be a proactive self-starter that can independently implement high-level direction.
• Collaborate with Artists and Engineers to deliver innovative tool solutions that will help artists develop epic visual content for world-class player experiences.
• Spearhead tech art development for specific projects, and initiatives to standardize solutions across the organization.
• Champion processes and advocate towards streamlining tools and processes.
• Be a trusted gatekeeper for performance, efficiency, and quality.
• Inspire and mentor fellow tech artists as a role model of initiative, accountability, and attitude.
• Encourage artists and engineers to thrive on open and welcome constructive feedback.
• Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
• 6+ total years in the games industry working in a tech art position, with at least 3 shipped titles in the AAA console / PC / Mobile space.
• 2+ years and at least 1 shipped title as a Senior Tech Artist.
• Ability to lead by example echoed through a professional and egoless personality.
• In depth knowledge of memory and performance impact from a content creation perspective.
• Experience writing and/or debugging shaders
• Excellent understanding of Physically Based Rendering systems and techniques.
• Possesses in-depth understanding of game engines, pipelines, and processes.
• Rock-solid communication and problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
• Strong understanding of game art with ability to clearly discuss modern trends.
• Familiarity with Call of Duty IP and storylines
• First Person Shooter development experience
• Previous experience working on mobile platforms
It takes the industry's best talent to make entertainment history, and while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a driven and diverse team of people producing greatness together. We're looking for developers from mobile and PC backgrounds passionate about their work and who believe in realizing the potential of mobile gaming as much as we do.
We're highly collaborative, relaxed, and deadly serious about creating incredible entertainment for passionate players around the world. We approach mobile development as a craft, and our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got you covered!
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d20297-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.