Sherman Oaks, CA
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprising seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are composed of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
Activision Central Tech is looking for a hands-on Sr. Mobile Systems Engineer to join our team in Sherman Oaks, California. This team supports a variety of cloud and on-premises workloads and you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing systems for mobile game production. You will work with our other internal and studio teams to analyze needs, provide solutions, and troubleshoot issues. You will help drive both performance and cost efficiencies within public and private cloud infrastructure.
You, the ideal candidate, thrive on challenges like introducing new ways of testing to increase robustness, making team build deployments an instantaneous process, improving and finding deep-rooted problems in existing tools, and scaling existing processes and applications to the cloud.
• Primary support of our Mobile team and affiliates
• Support on-premises data center infrastructure
• Troubleshoot issues with physical servers, vm's, storage, and cloud services
• Use IaC and automation to produce scalable and repeatable infrastructure
• Help resolve scaling and stability issues
• Partner with development teams to execute on-premises to cloud migrations
• Guide storage, cloud and build pipeline standards and requirements
• Actively contribute to documentation repositories
• Design custom tools and scripts as necessary
• Participate in an on-call support rotation
• Experience with large software projects, ideally building both code and large data sets
• Familiarity with a wide variety of open source technologies
• Working knowledge of continuous integration platforms (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.)
• Experience with automation/configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, etc.)
• Experience with virtualization, containerization, scaling (Docker, KVM, etc.)
• Experience managing reproducible infrastructure e.g. Infrastructure as Code
• Experience managing file, block, and object storage architectures
• Basic networking (routes, security groups, firewall rules)
• Experience in version control and managing CI build pipelines (Git & Perforce preferred)
• Experience with database technologies (SQL, NoSQL, memory cache)
• Experience in monitoring/metrics systems
• Excellent communication skills
• Expertise in both Windows and Linux
• Some Cloud Computing Experience (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
• 5+ yrs of Systems Engineering experience or equivalent
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.