Software Engineer - Central Technology
Santa Monica, CA
Activision Publishing is currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join the Mobile Team. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for building and launching great games.
As a Senior Systems Engineer you will architect, refactor, optimize and maintain a variety of game, tool and low-level systems specifically for Mobile platforms, including: pipelines, tools, memory management, performance, build process and more. You will be a direct part of a core team but collaborate with a global team.
Your goals and responsibilities include ensuring Engine Systems play well on Mobile platforms, some of which will be adapted from other platforms and some which will be architected and implemented from scratch by you with guidance from the Technical Director. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
You report into a (Technical) Development Director and will be guided by the Technical Director, who you will work with to ensure implementation aligns with strategy and priorities.
• Design, implement, debug, optimize and refine game and engine systems, features, pipelines, tools and infrastructure as needed
• Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution with a Mobile platform focus
• Responsible for performance of overall memory and content budgets on Mobile devices which includes supporting tools to report status and progress
• Communicate with other departments within the team and Activision global community to improve existing tools and determine new solutions
• 5+ years programming experience
• Contributed extensively to the development of two or more shipped games, PC, Console or Mobile
• Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques
• Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code on multi-platform projects
• Experience working on multi-platform software projects
• Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
• Excellent communications skills
• Some familiarity with current Mobile rendering APIs and architecture
• Knowledge of computer game technologies including: AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection, network programming
• Familiarity with multi-threading and optimization
• Experience managing engineers
• Experience of working in cross- or remote-studio environment
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.