Build Engineer, Mobile
Santa Monica, CA
As a Senior Game Client Engineer at Activision, you will work within the Experience Optimization Org to integrate the game client with the player personalization platforms and products. You will therefore help in building loyalty and driving engagement for Activision's industry leading games. Candidates should have experience in implementing and shipping game client code.
Key responsibilities include:
• Design and implement game client code solutions in LUA and C++.
• Deploy, evaluate performance and optimize for PC and console platforms.
• Participate in development of new features and defect resolution, as well as assist with scoping and designing new features initiatives.
• Collaborate with multiple studios and Experience Optimization teams.
• Working closely with our Machine Learning teams to integrate the backend systems to the client.
• 4+ years of proven experience working in the game industry or with similar technologies.
• Shipped at least one game title.
• Experience with revision control, visual studio, perforce, code review tools.
• Strong Programming skills and proficiency in LUA and C++, Python as a bonus.
• Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable and reliable code.
• Analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Motivated, focused, passionate and results-oriented.
• Proven ability to collaborate with teams of different background and skill sets.
• Ability to work independently, learn quickly and be proactive.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years-as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they'll tell you it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's ''100 Best Companies To Work For®,'' ''World's Best Employers,'' as well as ''Most Admired Companies.'' In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3o4o-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.