Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprised of seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the US, and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are comprised of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
The Central Tech team is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join us in managing the infrastructure that supports backend game servers for some of the largest multiplayer games in the world. This is a very small team with a very large responsibility!
• Design and implement new APIs for accessing the platform infrastructure
• Work with stakeholders to collect data and perform analytics
• Assist game studios in resolving server issues
• Work with hosting providers to monitor and troubleshoot hardware problems
• Databases: MySQL, ideally some MongoDB
• Security: A good understanding of network and data security best practices
• Crypto: At least a passing familiarity with RSA, AES and other standards
• Experience developing distributed systems with high availability and scalability
• Networking: A thorough knowledge of topics such as TCP, UDP, NAT.
• Linux System Administration
• AWS, Google Cloud, other cloud providers
• Automated provisioning - Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Initiative, and ability to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills
• UI/UX experience is a plus
• HTML/CSS is preferable
• React is a plus
• Django experience highly preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjq451-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.