Would you be excited about creating reliable and scalable online services and features, to be used by millions of players all around the world?
We are an independently-run part of Activision with a small company feel.
Do you love games, engineering, working with other senior technical staff, and online/multiplayer technology? Then we'd love to hear from you!
You will be a part of our platform department in Demonware and work out of the office in Dublin, Ireland.
Your mission is to keep the close relationship between Demonware and the rest of the Activision's studios, by going onsite at the studios and help them implement our online and multiplayer services.
Meaning you will have a large impact on the online and multiplayer experience for AAA multiplayer games, including Call of Duty.
An example of a project you might work on:
Port our existing low-level socket library to work on a new mobile platform, optimise its performance, test it using an automated pipeline, and integrate it into the game engine.
• Developing & maintaining our core C++ networking libraries that support online and multiplayer game features
• Build features that are reliable and scalable
• Own, operate and support the features you develop
• Integrate our features into game-specific engines
• Troubleshoot online and multiplayer features
• Travel to our game studios to work with their development process, from design to delivery
• Provide insight and mentorship to Demonware's backend engineers on best practices for game studio development and integrations
• Work as a partner to game studios and their engineers
Relocation Support, 25 days of vacation and 3 bonus days in December, Pension and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents.
To read more: https://demonware.net/careers
• Excellent C++ programing
• Strong scripting skills, ideally in Lua or Python
• Deep understanding of networking technologies used in online game technology, e.g. UDP/TCP, NAT Traversal, security
• Worked on online features or systems
• Experience building backend services
• Has initiative, and is able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent program
• Database design, including MySQL and NoSQL databases
• Worked in a Linux environment
• Experience with multi-platform development, including PC, Xbox One, and PS4
• Understanding large scale services (up to millions of concurrent users)
• Has worked on and shipped a AAA online title
• Experience with mobile game development and shipping an online mobile title
• Been a technical leader and/or as a scrum product owner
Demonware creates and provides the online services behind some of the world's most popular video game franchises, including Call of Duty and Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled.
At Demonware we believe customer problems are our own, sharing wisdom breeds success, and everyone deserves respect.
We work smart, deliver on promises, and have fun doing it.
Demonware has offices in both Dublin, Ireland and Vancouver, Canada and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard Inc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnpz11-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.