Would you be excited about creating reliable and scalable online services and features, to be used by millions of players all around the world?
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders. Our services impact almost half a billion players, we solve big company challenges with a small company feel.
If you're excited about working with game studios, large scale systems and online multiplayer technology in a collaborative environment then we'd love to hear from you!
That sounds amazing, but what kind of impact can I make?
We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team to work on backend services and game integrations.
Demonware has some of the biggest entertainment launches in the world with player counts going from zero to millions of players on day one and our services make that possible. This means you will impact the online and multiplayer experience for AAA multiplayer games such as Call of Duty and Crash Bandicoot as well as future unannounced projects.
Awesome, what will my ''day-to-day'' look like?
You will work side by side with game studios at Activision to make radical game designs a reality at scale. You will design new online services and features to support the future of the online gaming market. You will integrate new and existing online services into each game. You will contribute to low-latency and large-scale distributed systems that can handle millions of concurrently connected users.
What would you like to see in my background?
• Experience developing backend online services and features that are reliable and scale to be used by millions of users all around the world
• Experience with the operation and support of the services or features you develop
• Interest to work as a partner with game studios, designing online and multiplayer experiences
• Interest in travel to game studios to provide on-site design and integration support
• Experience providing technical mentorship to other team members
• Expertise in Python or C++ coding, or skills in a similar language
• Experience with open-source or proprietary game engines
• Experience with at least one major database e.g. MySQL, Cassandra or other, preferably at very large scale
• An interest in open source and Linux environments with a deep understanding of networking protocols, e.g. TCP/IP and HTTP.
• Interest in solving various and complex problems.
• Experience with multi-platform development, including PC, Xbox, and Playstation
• Hands on integration of services into game engines and studio codebases
• Interest in large scale services (up to millions of concurrent users)
• Experience with RESTful APIs
• Experience working with public cloud providers and cloud technologies e.g. Amazon, GCP
• Experience working with container orchestration e.g. Kubernetes
What's in it for me?
Relocation support, 25 days of vacation and 3 bonus days in December, free games, flexible working practices, pension, top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents.
To read more: https://demonware.net/careers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj947e-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.