Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprising seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the US, and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are composed of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/ .
Activision is seeking a Senior Rendering Programmer to join the Activision Central Technology group. This is a unique position that will see you driving the low-level rendering engine technology that powers our biggest games alongside some of the most forward-looking technologists in the industry.
The role would consist of the following responsibilities:
• Lead the design and implementation of new rendering systems.
• Audit, rewrite and maintain existing systems to perform optimally across all target platforms.
• Deploy seamlessly across console, PC, and mobile technology.
• Support studio engineers and artists to implement cutting edge graphics.
• Diagnose and solve performance and memory related rendering issues.
• Keep up to date with the latest rendering technologies in industry.
• Contribute to R&D around future looking initiatives.
• Mentor junior engineers.
• Degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
• 4-5+ years of industry experience.
• Expert in C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded techniques.
• Very strong debugging skills.
• Highly motivated self-starter with great communication skills, and ability to work effectively with geographically distributed engineering teams.
• Capable and eager to take the leading role in certain projects.
• Ability to quickly understand and work in a large codebase.
• Highly proficient in the latest graphics APIs and shader capabilities.
• Knowledge of the cutting edge in rendering techniques.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvky0w-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.