Activision Blizzard, Inc., a member of the S&P 500, is the world's most successful standalone interactive entertainment company. We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users around the world through franchises including Activisionʹs Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzardʹs World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and Kingʹs Candy Crush™, Pet Rescue™, Bubble Witch™ and Farm Heroes™. The company is one of the Fortune ʺ100 Best Companies to Work For®ʺ. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world, and its games are played in 196 countries. More information about Activision Blizzard and its products and services can be found on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com
Activision's global information systems team is looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Network Engineer to help in supporting Activision Blizzards' global network. The ideal candidate is adept to providing world class operational support to enterprise network environments. Engineer will perform day to day operational duties and be an escalation point for other support teams when needed. This individual will also serve as a key resource on projects, working directly with project managers to implement network related technology solutions.
Engineer will be part of the Activision Blizzard King team that will be responsible in leading and supporting the Blizzard and King infra. Good communication and interpersonal skills are required, as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.
• Ensure all global production network environments and related systems and services are available 24x7.
• First responder and escalation to incident and request tickets from Activision Blizzard's users and teams.
• Planning, implementation, supporting and maintaining switches, firewalls, routers, proxies, wan accelerators, data center and networking infrastructure to prevent productivity and data loss.
• Perform daily system monitoring and environmental health checks
• Solve and remediate issues impacting WAN, LAN and internet connectivity.
• Fix and remediate issues impacting the operation of the network infrastructure.
• Assist in design, documentation, configuration, integration, and installation of sophisticated network infrastructure.
• Able to implement sophisticated projects and time-sensitive tasks under minimal direction.
• Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, systems engineering and architecture standards and strategies to increase reliability and manageability and deliver training.
• Provide 24X7 on call support as part of an on-call rotation
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Advanced knowledge of networking systems, protocols, software and technologies including but not limited to routers, switches, load balancers, WAN technologies.
• Advanced Understanding of WAN/LAN/DMZ/etc., VPN's, TCP/IP, DNS, VLANs, etc. in a distributed environment.
• Experience in LAN/WAN technologies – fiber, Ethernet, WiFi, PTP, MPLS and or DWDM
• Experience in design, configuration and troubleshooting of routing protocols OSPF, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS, MPLS, and VRF's.
• Experience with enterprise network switching and routers
• Experience with cabling technologies - Category 5, Category 6, Single & Multi-Mode Fiber
• Proficient in packet analysis (Wireshark)
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge of computer security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
• Ability to generate reports in short notice using tools like Visio, Spreadsheets (or similar) and explain solutions and explain data.
• Highly motivated and dedicated, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal teams
• Experience working in an enterprise datacenter environment
• A degree in computer science or a related field
• Network Certifications (CCNA/CCNP/JNCIS/JNCIP) or higher.
• Experience with Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX and or Palo Alto Network firewalls.
• Experience with Juniper QFX and EX switches, FBF/VRF's and Juniper MX routers
• Experience with Cisco Catalyst/ Nexus Switches, and or ISR/ASR Routers
• Experience with Aruba or similar wireless technologies
• Experience with Cisco ISE/Aruba Clearpass
• Experience with monitoring tools (Solarwinds, LibreMNS, etc)
• Experience with WAN compression and acceleration
• Experience with Load Balancing technologies (F5, A10)
• Experience with SAN storage technologies including ISCSI, FCOE
• Experience with virtualization: VMware, Cisco UCS
• Understanding of ITIL framework and processes
• A passion for video games
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification in the job posting. At Activision Blizzard we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment so we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined. We also do our best to ensure all applications received are responded to.
Activision Blizzard is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivaled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
*The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as advised by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
• Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
• 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
• Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
• Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
• If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the US, the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 - $186,754.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the US and is not applicable to locations outside of the US Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxz254-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.