Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprised of seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the US, and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are comprised of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our dedicated engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers make things happen and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
The Central Tech team is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join us in managing the infrastructure that supports backend game servers for some of the largest multiplayer games in the world. This is a very small team with a very large responsibility!
• Be hands-on in crafting and scaling the services that directly enable game features driving revenue and player engagement. You'll see your contributions influencing our players' experiences in major ways.
• Level up innovative and scalable services.
• Strong understanding of team system architecture and design. Awareness of adjacent team's systems
• Improving the Node.js stack/shards, MongoDB and web tools
• Owns feature development end-to-end
• Proactively maintain and develop backend systems infrastructure
• Participate in the improvements of the stability, efficiency, and scalability of our environments
• Be responsible for routine maintenance procedures and perform detailed testing.
• Help craft the culture, tooling, delivery methods and standard methodologies.
• Partner with multi-functional teams to design and implement solutions consistent with industry best practices
• Strengthen the culture of service ownership at Activision. Engage in mentoring more junior team members to level up this mentality in other engineers.
• 5+ years of front and back end work experience
• Experience with Cloud platform and technologies
• Sophisticated understanding of C
• Advanced understanding of Linux
• Expertise in MongoDB
• Experience with Deployment tools (Ansible/Puppet/Chef)
• Expertise in Node.js and Django
• Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
• Experience with additional programming languages (Java, Go, etc.)
• Experience with React
• Experience with Docker Containerization
• Cloud experience (AWS/GCP/Azure)
• Expertise in crafting, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
• Ownership of initiatives from inception through deployment and sustainment
• Passion for Activision Blizzard games
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn35v5-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.