Senior Python Developer - Game Storage
Job Title:Senior Full Stack Engineer
Demonware creates and provides the online services behind hugely popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk and Crash Bandicoot. We provide Matchmaking, Marketplace, Storage and Identity & Access Management services for almost half a billion users. Demonware has offices in Dublin, Ireland; Vancouver, Canada; and Shanghai, China, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc.
Team / Role Summary
Demonware's Products department is responsible for delivering bundled suites of services for game studios. We are seeking a Senior Full stack software engineer to join our online tools team. You will design, develop and maintain the configuration, debugging and live operations tooling used across Activision. You will collaborate with experts across Demonware and Game Studios to build and deliver liveops tooling that helps connect and bring entertainment to hundreds of millions of people.
• Provide leadership and technical direction on the various products owned by the Tooling team including player management, telemetry, systems logging, permissions and debugging, dashboards and online services tooling.
• Take ownership of problems and projects which require in depth evaluation.
• Champion Demonware's standards of reliability and quality by using best practices in software engineering and modular design.
• Liaise with internal service developers and game studios on feature implementation, ensuring their requirements are met in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Ensure all components are highly scalable, maintainable, and monitored.
• Delegate, coach and mentor other team members.
• 6+ years Software Development experience.
• Experience in building front end tooling and dashboards (React, HighCharts, ag-Grid, data intensive applications)
• A proven ability to analyze requirements and make corresponding design decisions.
• Experience with continuous integration and agile methodologies.
• A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• Product Management
• Experience implementing Live Operations tooling
• Experience Designing API and services integration
• Understanding of modern game-play designs for AAA games - the ability to engage with both game designers and software engineers.
What Demonware Offers
• An excellent salary, with annual performance reviews
• 25 days holidays
• Annual bonus program
• Annual pay review
• Pension matching contributions
• Top-tier healthcare for you and your family
• Life insurance coverage
• Tax Saver Commuter Ticket scheme
• Bike to work Scheme
• Free Activision Games
• Snacks 24/7
• Flexible working practices, based on the belief that the quality of your work is not dependent on the number of hours sitting behind a desk
• A culture that emphasizes continual learning and improvement, with opportunities for career progression, travel, and a commitment to open source
Demonware By The Numbers
• 469+ million gamers
• 3.2+ million concurrent online gamers
• 100+ games
• 300,000 requests per second at peak
• Average query response time of <.02 second
• 630,000+ metrics a minute
• 132 billion+ API calls per month
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.