Toys For Bob is a stellar team of inventors, makers, and magicians from all over the world who have been developing epic AAA games for far-reaching IPs like Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot, Tony Hawk, and Skylanders since 1989. We are based out of a former military hangar that has been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge. If you love games and the people who play them; if you are great at what you do and are committed to continual growth, we'd love for you to be part of our family! Both full time and temporary contract positions are available.
• Reporting directly to our Lead Environment Artist, we're looking for a self-driven artist who enjoys handling a wide variety of work, is eager to learn new techniques and tools, has a deep passion for crafting environment art, and has the flexibility to do so in different styles from photo-realistic to stylized. This role is likely to work on Call of Duty initially.
Here's what you'll be doing:
• Research subject matter relating to objectives to ensure an authentic experience.
• Assembles, edits, and optimizes highly detailed 3D environments.
• Create believable, photo-realistic 3D models and textures from concept art and photo reference.
• Budgets time efficiently and has a good feel for how long a task will take them.
• Troubleshoots technical and artistic issues, asks for help when necessary.
• Be a proactive self-starter that can execute high-level art direction with little oversight.
• Communicate effectively with team members, production and management to ensure that project goals are met.
The skills and experience you'll need:
• 3+ total years in the games industry working in an environment art capacity, with at least 1 shipped title in the AAA console / PC space.
• Experience with a level editor (i.e. Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, Radiant, etc.)
• Proven ability to create high-quality assets utilizing multiple major 3D and 2D packages (3DS Max or Maya and Photoshop or Substance) for console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
• Understanding of physically based shaders.
• Proficient in next-gen asset creation.
• Egoless attitude that welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process. Shares ownership of work with other artists.
• Impressive communication and strong problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
• Solid understanding of game art with ability to clearly discuss modern trends.
You'll really catch our eye:
• Familiarity with photogrammetry process, procedural content creation, or PBR workflows.
• Passion for first person shooters.
• Strong traditional art foundation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1ow20-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.