Who we are:
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
What we do:
We're looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join up with the development team that designs, builds, runs, and evolves our in-game social, progression, rewards, and monetization services platforms for the Call of Duty franchise and other popular Activision titles. You will work closely with title project teams at Demonware and the studios to make sure they have the features they need for their upcoming games. We chart a long-term vision for these products to provide the capabilities that enable Activision's game studios to focus on building the best games in the world.
• Provide direction and strategy for our products. Understand what the big picture is and how to get there.
• Own the relationship with customers and game studios in relation to your products. Understand their needs and provide an exemplary service personally and through your team.
• Management of goals, performance, and career advancement for direct reports. Holding reports accountable to their expected contribution for their level.
• Provide career direction for direct and indirect reports, helping them establish a personal career path and continuously develop themselves.
• Collaborate with the project manager to map out and deliver team objectives and priorities for the year based on company goals and studios' requirements
• Organize and coordinate team members to effectively work on features together and with other teams in Demonware
• Ensure the software produced by the team achieves the quality bar we expect for our products
• Collaborate with HR and recruitment on various people and recruitment needs
• 2+ years of experience in similar leadership role (other combinations of technical skills and experience may be considered)
• Experience working in a game studio or providing online services to game studios is a plus.
• Ability to engage, develop, and retain high-performing engineers.
• Willingness to travel and accommodate a flexible work schedule that includes being on-call.
• Previous experience building and leading high-performing software development teams.
• Expertise in effective project management processes, software development methodologies, and their application
• Experience developing high performance C/C++ applications
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents and perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbno4x-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.