Activision Publishing is seeking a Senior Director to join the Call of Duty franchise production team. This person will have a passion for and a consistent track record of working with teammates on automation of releases and testing across a large franchise, producing, launching and running great games.
The Senior Director on Call of Duty will lead the cadence and load balancing of testing needs with studios, future planning including automation and tools for release management for all live titles and for multiple projects across various platforms from both the business and publishing perspective.
This role will define the strategy, best methodology, roadmaps, and unified workflows for current and future improvements to the automation of release management and testing capabilities of the franchise. As a key specialist and owner of process they will be working with key technology leaders within studios and bringing together cross functional groups.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead all aspects of the execution of the strategy in collaboration with all key partners and team.
• Be the primary point of contact with Game Development Studios, Quality Assurance and Central Technology studios for release management and test automation.
• Build out long term roadmap with parts of product that can apply automated testing from features to various parts of the game year on year.
• Take a long-term view of developing products with an eye toward sequels, localizations, product line extensions, ports, and new platform capabilities.
• Be an internal and external advocate for innovation in release management and automation.
• Establish model behavior that supports Activision's standards of professionalism, integrity, and ethics.
We are Looking For:
• Demonstrated ability in the gaming industry; experience in logistics, QA, Release Management, and Live operations preferred with proven experience at Senior Producer level or above.
• A Leader of People. A hands-on, cross-functional leader - working through relationships with various studios and central technologies groups. Lead by example, mentor, and develop future leaders.
• Solution Oriented Problem solver. Identify risks early and design mitigation strategies that are thought through and consider multiple paths to a solution.
• Passion for making video games.
• Understanding of all facets of the business and ability to collaborate with and contextually understand all partners - Marketing, PR, sales, QA, CS, Localizations, Tech, AV, CRM, etc.
• Leadership through influence with the ability to drive large diverse groups to consensus.
• Understanding of game development and experience effectively collaborating with internal teams and development studios within the video game field.
Strategist with the Skills to Deliver
• High business/financial competency
• Business owner/operator mentality
• Never afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
• Facilitator who clears roadblocks in front of your teams
• Be THE hub for information on one of the biggest entertainment franchises in the world which requires best-in-class and timely communication across the organization
• Possess exceptional and inspiring presentation abilities, for the public, executives, partners, and team members.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher education degree preferred
• 10+ years of experience in the gaming industry
• 4+ years of experience at Sr. Producer level or above
• Experience shipping 5+ high quality titles
• Experience shipping on Xbox, PlayStation, and/or PC.
• Experience with Online FPS preferred.
• Experience managing multiple titles.
• Experience managing internal teams and development studios within the game industry preferred
Our industry and business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzem13-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.