Compliance Program & Investigations Specialist
Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Senior Director, Executive Practice
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) is one the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and sits at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. Activision Blizzard is a member of the S&P 500 and has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the ''100 Best Companies to Work For'' for four years in a row. Activision Blizzard (the Company) has operations throughout the world, has approximately 10,000 employees, and its games are played in 196 countries.
Activision Blizzard develops and publishes games based on some of the most beloved entertainment franchises, including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Heroes of the Storm®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, and Farm Heroes™. What makes Activision Blizzard unique is our highly focused approach and concentration on opportunities to create breakthrough entertainment experiences. In 2018, we achieved record revenues of $7.5B. We're composed of three operating segments: Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, and King Digital Entertainment and some of the most talented development studios on the planet, including Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games, and Toys for Bob. We are well-positioned for growth across all gaming platforms, audiences, genres, and business models.
We believe in developing talent across the organization and at all levels through a variety of development opportunities, including job development, mentor relationships and formal training. We are big believers that the most meaningful professional growth often happens through stretch assignments and special projects, but we also offer some great employee development experiences. Additionally, we view ourselves as a community of people who love to have fun together, and our employee camaraderie is fuelled by our passion for our products, our industry and future opportunities for the company and its people.
More information about Activision Blizzard and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
As Senior Director, Executive Practice you will be a leader in driving a proactive, market-facing, cutting-edge executive recruiting function, focused on identifying and attracting the very best executive talent to join our dynamic company. You will oversee a committed team of experienced recruiters focused on specific practice areas-ranging from Revenue & Marketing to Technology to Creative, Art, & Design-as a coordinated discipline, with the mandate of intimately knowing the top talent in a given market, keeping a close pulse on all executive movement and motivations, and being a top ambassador for our dynamic brand.
The Senior Director, Executive Practice serves as a thought partner to global Activision Blizzard King executives, working hand-in-hand with our world-class leaders to build innovative teams through proactive problem solving, insightful assessment of candidates, and an advisory mentality. You will serve as a key driver in facilitating the evolution of our leadership team through broad and varied involvement in running processes for internally executing searches, leading the project management of externally executed searches, and building the very best prospects and pipelines. A collaborator at heart, the Senior Director will thrive in partnering with senior leadership, HR business partners, and top rewards teams.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
• Serve as a team leader who sets an exceptional standard in running thorough and thoughtful search processes
• Drive a productive partnership with teams of executive recruiters, research associates, and recruiting coordinators to leverage internal resources and to elevate the capabilities of the team
• Hold herself/himself accountable and to the highest standard to successfully drive searches to an ideal conclusion and to help senior leaders and HR Business Partners make informed, data-driven business decisions to enhance their teams.
• Proactively identify, assess, and develop talent in the market for near-term or longer-term emerging needs in the company
• Serve as a market expert, analysing industries and companies from which we can effectively recruit to shape our company
• Serve as a mentor and guide; provide continuous learning opportunities for the team
• Play a pivotal role in evolving existing processes/methodologies to support the changing needs of our practice
Scale, Scope and Reporting Relationships
• Serve as lead executor and strategist for global executive searches at the VP+ level for Activision Blizzard King.
• Report to and work hand-in-hand with Global Head of Executive Practice, Director of Executive Practice Operations, and fellow Senior Directors to build and lead thought-out project-based teams. Partner actively with hiring managers and HR business partners
Year 1 Success
• Successfully and proactively solve searches, continually contributing talent flow and solutions to all executive searches across our global company
• Develop and evolve the capabilities of a high-performing team by creating a market presence, thoroughly and thoughtfully assessing candidates for fit, and driving searches end-to-end, including successful negotiation of an offer
• Exhibit exceptional strategic thinking skills, a proactive mentality, and an eagerness to serve our company
The successful candidate must possess unquestionable character and absolute integrity. S/he will be a proven leader in the fields of executive search and/or in-house executive recruiting and have a blend of superior influencing, assessment, and project management skills continuously applied to enhance our company through the lens of attracting the very best talent.
Additionally, s/he should have exceptional attention to detail, strong initiative, superior drive, a relentless spirit, and critical thinking skills while serving as a hands-on leader and collaborator. Specific requirements include:
• Minimum 8-10 years executive recruiting experience with a leading search firm
• Preference for in-house executive recruiting experience and/or other applicable business experience from top tier companies (e.g. strategy or management consulting, progressive marketing organizations, innovative consumer and tech companies etc.)
• Strong research and data-driven approach to recruiting and advanced capabilities in full life cycle recruiting
• Track record of problem-solving challenging, high-level, visible searches, developing solutions in ambiguous environments, and driving results with urgency
• Reputation as a business partner and the ability to quickly get up to speed on business topics
• A mindset of striving for excellence, never settling, and growth
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Undergraduate degree required. Graduate education or MBA strongly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.