Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Corporate Strategy and Business Development is a critical and high-caliber team focused on the top strategic priorities for Activision Blizzard. The team is responsible for setting the corporate strategy and driving long-range planning for the Company, driving M&A and corporate development initiatives, and working closely with senior leaders in Activision Blizzard's Business Units on key initiatives. This is a high-profile team working with a diverse mix of both internal and external stakeholders, and Corporate Strategy alumni can be found in various leadership roles across the Company.
The Senior Director role in Corporate Strategy and Business Development is a unique and highly visible role at Activision Blizzard that offers an accelerated trajectory into leadership roles within the Company for highly talented individuals. The successful candidate will support the team's M&A and corporate development efforts to proactively source and evaluate M&A and partnership opportunities, while grooming a team of highly talented individuals to take on leadership roles within the Company. The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Corporate Development and M&A
• Develop overall M&A strategy for the enterprise; illustrative transactions include $19B merger with Blizzard / Vivendi Games, $6B acquisition of King, sale of Destiny publishing rights to Bungie, acquisition of MLG
• Develop and monitor pipeline of potential M&A and partnership opportunities
• Support evaluation and execution of M&A opportunities, including managing analysts to conduct due diligence, develop business cases, build detailed financial models (DCF, comps, accretion / dilution), and work closely with internal leaders and external advisors
• Partner with business unit leaders to help shape M&A agenda
Corporate and Business Unit Strategy
• Actively participate in key corporate strategic planning processes, working across businesses and functions to frame the corporate strategy and drive alignment and execution on key initiatives
• Develop deep relationships with business unit leadership and work closely to support the execution of key strategic priorities for the different business units
• Bachelor's degree, and MBA highly desirable, with 10+ years of work experience, ideally in investment banking, private equity, and/or corporate development at a leading media or technology company
• Proven ability to lead teams in a fast-paced environment and groom high-caliber talent on an accelerated career trajectory
• Proven ability to manage complex M&A and other transactions, working with a broad range of internal stakeholders and external advisors
• Exceptional quantitative skills and financial acumen
• Ability to develop deep trust-based relationships and influence different stakeholder groups directly and indirectly
• Ability to effectively balance multiple simultaneous priorities and deadlines with tight timelines
• Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and quantitative skills
• Self-starter and comfort with ambiguity; must be self-directed and proactive starting day 1 on the job
• Persuasive communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to tailor communications to a broad range of internal and external audiences
• Broad network and deep passion for interactive entertainment and technology
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv70ow-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.