Full Time Job
Senior Core Engineer
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job Title:Senior Core Engineer
The primary responsibility of the Senior Core Engineer at Sledgehammer is to architect, refactor, and maintain a variety of game and low-level systems. A core generalist will be flexible and comfortable jumping into a variety of disciplines including: networking, physics, AI, UI, memory management, rendering, and more. The Senior Core Engineer will be working hand-in-hand with other engineers spread across the world, and content creators across a variety of disciplines. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment, and have concise execution during times of high stress. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a solid technical background, a passion for the gaming industry and enjoys working with a powerful engineering team. This position reports to the Development Director, Engineering and will interact directly with all disciplines of the development team.
• Architect, refactor and maintain game and low-level engine systems.
• Design, write, debug and refine core systems, features, tools and infrastructure as needed.
• Contribute extensively to the core engine.
• Mentor more junior core engineer to level up the team.
• Minimum of 6+ years programming experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
• Experience with profiling and performance tuning of code.
• Contributed extensively to the development of two or more shipped games, PC or console.
• Deep knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
• Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices).
• Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
• Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code.
• University-level degree in Computer Science or related field.
• A strong passion for video games of many kinds.
• Experience with computer game technologies including: AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection.
• Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code on modern game consoles.
• Contributed extensively to the development of at least three shipped console games.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.