Your Platform :
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Melbourne, Australia, Toronto, Canada and Guilford UK – we're the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we're focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our # LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
The primary responsibility of the Senior Core En gineer at Sledgehammer is to architect, refactor, and maintain a variety of game and low-level systems. A core generalist will be flexible and comfortable jumping into a variety of disciplines including: networking, physics, AI, UI, memory management, rendering, and more. The Senior Core Engineer will be working hand-in-hand with other engineers spread across the world , and content creators across a variety of disciplines. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment, and have concise execution during times of high stress. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a solid technical background, a passion for the gaming industry and enjoys working with a powerful engineering team. This position reports to the Development Director, Engineering and will interact directly with all disciplines of the development team.
• Architect, refactor and maintain game and low-level engine systems.
• Design, write, debug and refine core systems, features, tools and infrastructure as needed.
• Contribute extensively to the core engine.
• Mentor more junior core engineer to level up the team.
• Minimum of 6 + years programming experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
• Experience with profiling and performance tuning of code.
• Contributed extensively to the development of two or more shipped games, PC or console.
• Deep k nowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
• Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices).
• Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
• Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code.
• University-level degree in Computer Science or related field.
• A strong passion for video games of many kinds.
• Experience with computer game technologies including: AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection.
• Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code on modern game consoles.
• Contributed extensively to the development of at least three shipped console games.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98m2k-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.