Job Title Senior Communications Specialist, Call of Duty
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Call of Duty Franchise Communications.
Department: Marketing Communications
Office based (Soho, London) & hybrid work from home
Activision Blizzard plays a centralised role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
This role is offered on a hybrid-working basis, meaning there will be a split of being based at our UK office in Soho, London and also work from home.
Our office has free snacks and drinks and an on-site gym. It's based in the cultural heart of London's West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and phenomenal restaurants. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently just walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
Want to learn more? Check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB!
As a CoD Sr Communications Specialist you'll be responsible for supporting the CoD Franchise communications in EMEA. You will support the COD Communications Senior Manager on the development and execution of EMEA Call of Duty PR plans. You'll thrive in an upbeat team environment, will be highly organised and able to work independently, while contributing to the goals of the team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Responsible for helping to plan and implement the Company's Comms initiatives across EMEA for the Call of Duty Franchise
• Establish PR and communication strategies for each game release including gaming specialist, lifestyle and broadcast mainstream media and consumer-focused campaigns.
• Collaborate with PR team in global HQ, work closely with the functional leads and teams to ensure PR plans are well integrated into an overall communications strategy.
• Support Territory Comms team to develop and local market PR plans for allocated products.
• Generate and deliver creative ideas (working with the local PR agency where vital) with mainstream and specialist media which drive enhanced editorial content and coverage over and above the ''basic'' first look, preview, review features.
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the press and with additional key media partners where relevant to the products.
• Respond in a timely fashion to incoming queries from media (when required).
• Lead PR agencies to support internal teams. Distribute assets and information on products
• Use measurement tools to evaluate campaign success and deliver reports to internal partners.
• Assist with financial planning, budget tracking and demonstrating return on investment.
This is a professional senior specialist level position where you will flourish with a can-do mentality, not afraid to get completely involved in a working environment that will empower you to build new ideas and encourage you to think creatively all whilst sharing in some great company benefits and initiatives. In addition, you will have:
• A Degree level Education (preferred) or have relevant experience required for the role.
• Clear self-motivation with a history of exceeding performance standards
• Ability to build positive relationships by using your excellent written & verbal English skills along with strong partner management skills
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
• Proven experience in self-prioritising of work and appropriately responding to urgent matters.
• A willingness to travel should it be required in role.
• You'll be a confident, proactive and approachable personality that oozes team spirit with the added extra of being a go-getter, ambitious and tenacious in nature who can work autonomously when required all with a great sense of humour.
• Extensive experience within Communications Management
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, in English
• Relationships with influencers would be an advantage
• Awareness of business planning and consumer orientation (targeting, segmentation, media trends)
• Financially savvy (budgeting, ROI-oriented prioritisation)
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp5ooo-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.