Dev Support Engineer
Job Title:Senior Build Engineer
As a Senior Build Engineer at Raven Software you will be developing and improving the build pipeline that is critical to developing and shipping our games. This includes empowering our development teams with improvements to our continuous integration system, as well as our game build deployments.
You will utilize several technologies in the development of our build pipeline, including Python, C/C++, C#, and our own internal frameworks. You will work with the Tools Lead and our developers to design improvements and iterate on build pipeline improvements.
Qualified candidates need to be agile and self-starters. This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning video game developer, and work with some of the best gaming talent in the world.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Develop, modify, debug, and optimize existing build/asset pipeline and CI systems
• Gather requirements from content creators and stakeholders
• Handle large data set Perforce integrations, including resolving of proprietary file formats
• Work with IT to maintain, deploy, and scale the Build farm for the studio
• Co-develop and collaborate with other Activision studios
• Document software and features for internal and external teams
• Participate in the code review process
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineer, or Math-related field
• 3+ years of experience with build pipelines for game or media development
• 5+ years of experience with game or media development
• Proficiency in Python, or other scripting languages
• Background in C/C++ and C#
• Experience with revision control systems & branching schemes; Perforce, Git, etc.
• Ability to quickly understand and work with internally and externally developed code
• Proficiency with CI solutions; Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, BuildBot, etc..
• Team motivated, with a good work ethic and desire to keep improving
• Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
• Demonstrated ability to write efficient, readable, and reliable code
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Passion for games and build pipeline development
• Distributed build system experience; SN-DBS, Incredibuild
• Familiar with PS4/Xbox tools and release processes
• Experience with Linux; CentOS, Ubuntu
• Working knowledge of DevOps tools; Puppet, Docker, Grafana, InfluxDB, Kubernetes
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.