As a part of Marketing Creative at Activision, you will help lead our game capture efforts as a cinematographer and Capture Director. You will be responsible for conceptualizing and executing action blocking, camera movement, and building unique cinematic scenarios in-game for our trailers and other marketing content across Call of Duty® and other Activision titles.
The below list is not exhaustive or exclusive, we don't expect every applicant to hit every item here. Above all we are looking for unique creative voices from varied backgrounds to help our work truly stand out, so if you have incredible visual ideas and can take direction on shaping them to our brand's needs apply today!
• Work as a Senior Capture Director leading large multiplayer and other smaller group capture sessions acting as the primary virtual cinematographer.
• Collaborate with Creative Leads, Editors, and ACD's on creative concepts and overall video direction across multiple projects.
• Communicate with our stakeholders regarding their feedback, working closely with our Producers, Designers, Editors, and other Capture Artists to ensure clarity and understanding.
• Provide training, mentoring, and feedback to our team of artists.
• Help with the research and development of new in-game camera tools and capture processes.
• Light editorial work as required and help to make and manage footage selections.
• Work with proprietary debug tools and troubleshoot technical issues, including builds, PC workstations, console dev kits, etc.
• An expert understanding of cinematography (composition, lighting, camera movement, etc…), able to create breathtaking cinematic capture in virtual environments.
• Able to direct a room of up to 20+ capture techs at one time whilst running the main camera.
• Able to effectively plan complicated action sequences involving the blocking and movement of player characters and cameras.
• Deep understanding of the editing process and how to plan shots that flow together for an edit.
• Able to learn new tools and processes quickly, often proprietary technology with no manuals included.
• Knowledge of Premiere Pro or other video editing programs.
• A passion for film and other cinematic media.
• Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• College degree in the requisite field or equivalent work experience.
• Video game industry or agency game capture experience.
• Experience working in a game editor environment using animation and/or camera sequencing tools such as Unreal Sequencer, Unity Cinemachine, or other similar proprietary tools.
• Avid gamer on next-gen platforms and PCs, with a focus on Call of Duty/FPS titles.
• Real-world experience in cinematography or photography.
• Knowledge of game modding or machinima workflows.
• Knowledge and understanding of VFX/3D design programs such as After Effects, C4D, Maya, or Blender.
• Understanding of game development, the full cycles, and processes behind how a game is made
• Knowledge of the motion capture process.
• Interest in virtual production.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position but may transition to working in the office eventually.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!. More information about Activision Blizzard and its products and services can be found on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com
Our ability to build immersive and innovative worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyyne0-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.