We are versatile, flexible and strategic hustlers passionate about content and creative talents. We take pride in proactively identifying opportunities to help our creative talents to do their best work and championing studio initiatives in the dynamic world of gaming.
The Studio Operations and Planning team is a part of the broader Call of Duty Development (incl. studios, production management, publishing ops, studio operations and planning) and works closely with Activision COO, Head of Development and Head of COD Operations.
The Studio Operations and Planning team is responsible for overseeing the operational and strategic aspects (studio dev resourcing management, investment, studio expansion, planning, etc) for all Activision studios (Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Sledge Hammer, High Moon Studios, Raven, Beenox, Toys for Bob, Shanghai Studio, Demonware). Among other things, the Studio Operations Team also manages the organizational events such as game Green Light process, operational governance reviews, and Special Projects etc. The team collaborates with a wide range of functions across Activision Publishing functions and studios to develop operational processes/strategies and streamline information exchange, drive efficiency and creative visibility to support our world-class games and drive studio business goals.
Senior Analyst, Studio Operations and Strategic Initiative
The Senior Analyst, Studio Operations and Strategic Initiatives will play a pivotal role in working with Activision's 9 world-class game studios and will report to the Senior Manager, Studio Operations and Strategic Planning. The role will focus on studios' resource planning, operational excellence, rhythm of business coordination, business reviews, and other key projects. The role will also support Head of Call of Duty Operations in developing business strategies, competitive analysis, and project managing strategic initiatives for studios
You will partner with our studios as well as our central studios organization to develop studio strategies around operational and resourcing issues, build the analytical support and documentation to align key stakeholders across the organization on the recommended path forward, and drive the execution of those strategies across multiple stakeholder groups within the organization. We are looking for self-starters who can work in a rapidly changing gaming industry, tolerate ambiguity, and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
• Own the operationalization of a monthly process (incl. the use of power BI tool, dashboard building using Tableau and Smartsheet) to report/track long-range (3 year) studio resource planning and build ad-hoc analysis
• Own cross studio HC movement in the system, escalation process and HC approval process
• Own analysis to support strategic recommendation on resourcing (e.g., hire vs. no hire, best dev practice in the system, optimal teaming, outsourcing, best practice alignment, studio expansion)
• Partner with Finance to proactively monitor budgets
• Support Sr. Mgr. to run resource planning for all nine Activision studios and interface with various levels of management across studios
• Support and start to lead cross-functional projects to develop strategic recommendations for Activision Executive Leadership Team on key investment decisions (international studio expansion, external dev resourcing, cutting-edge motion capture technology) the studios organization needs to make
• Develop an analytical culture using historical and current operational data to drive predictive analytics for the studios
• Taking on individual projects as required by the business. For example: improving reporting, and forecasting to provide transparency into the business for other stakeholders, and drive recommendations with analytical rigor
• Bachelor Degree
• Minimum of 2 years in top management consulting, investment banking, corporate development, or finance function
• Excellent skill in excel and Power BI modeling and advanced analytics visualization (e.g., Tableau)
• Demonstrated success in developing new processes and/or improving existing ones
• Proven ability to summarize analyses and recommendations and present to executive leadership team is a must; proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint required
• Interest in driving companies towards operational excellence
• Excellent and persuasive communicator, capable of dealing with a wide variety of internal and external partners
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and willingness to operate with reasonable flexibility
• Integrity, excellent judgment, and discretion
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jeqz-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.