Your Mission is:
The Live Operations Analytics Team is adding a talented Analyst to work directly with our studios. As a member of the Live Ops Team, your mission is to put science into decision making. You will work closely with designers, engineers, business stakeholders, and analytics peers to derive meaningful insights and recommendations to improve gameplay, design and commercial decisions. Responsibilities include:
• Partner with studios to proactively identify and implement gameplay analytics in support of the development goals of designers and engineers
• As a member of the live operations pod you will analyze player behavior to discover opportunities to improve engagement and monetization
• Partner with studio engineers and business analysts to develop game health telemetry and tracking with effective metrics, new or existing dashboards, and deep-dive research
• Collaborate with the live services teams to optimize game feature balance, game economies, and to identify and close out exploits
• Deliver presentations on analytic topics and results to both technical and non-technical audiences
What you will bring to the team?
The ideal candidate will be a motivated data expert who wants to grow their analytics toolset in a fast-paced environment, is focused on delivering value to stakeholders, and has a passion for video games. Your success will be reflected in:
• Measurable Impact: Consistently demonstrating analytics impact on revenue, engagement, and player experience
• Relationships: As an embedded team member, team success is a priority. You will rely on your excellent relationship skills to build trust with your studio partners.
• Communication: You will effectively manage your own time, stakeholders, and leadership expectations.
• Translator: Your work speaks for itself; correct, clear, and concise insights leading to action
• Domain knowledge: As you understand our players' mindset, you are reliably able to qualitatively deduce and draw quantitative conclusions that will directly influence decision making.
• BA/BS degree required with a technical focus (e.g., computer science, physics, engineering)
• Strong technical skills with SQL, R/ Python for data analysis and visualization tools – familiarity working in a notebook-based workflow a plus
• Skilled at being able to derive the narrative from the data and tell convincing stories
• Gameplay analysis experiences a plus, with a solid understanding of user engagement and monetization strategies in gaming, entertainment, ecommerce service providers, or mobile apps
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71np9-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.