Build Engineer, Mobile
Santa Monica, CA
The Senior Analyst, Business Analytics and Planning will work closely with internal business owners to deliver insights and performance on our games. We have a tremendous amount of data on how gamers play our games. We need, however, an analytics expert who has the passion, experience, skills, and ability to turn that data into action quickly – all driving towards increasing gamer fun.
What You'll Do:
• Become an expert on consumer game trends, performance, and impact due to promotions and events
• Effectively generate and communicate concise analysis and insights on our games' performance to the business owner teams in order to drive the optimization of current and future games
• Work with the business owner teams to understand their goals and requirements, especially related to how analytics can answer their business questions
• Provide recommendations and analysis on game A/B testing
• Proactively provide support on game performance
• Work collaboratively with the other analysts to ensure standards and knowledge sharing occurs
What You'll Bring:
• 4+ years of experience in database mining/marketing with very large, complex and multi-dimensional datasets.
• Experience working with RDD platforms (Databricks, Snowflake).
• Conceptual knowledge of distributed computing, data lakes, etc.
• Generalist knowledge of data concepts, such as dimensional modeling, data architecture, and ETL pipelines.
• Basic knowledge of programming, a scripting language (Python), and version control systems (Git).
• Must be able to synthesize disparate data to mine and communicate not only data but insights to business partners in a timely manner
• Comfortable with transactional and event data, and able to derive learnings from it
• Advanced knowledge and usage of analytics tools and concepts, such as SQL, cohort analysis, Excel, and effective visualizations
• Conceptual knowledge of statistics – CLT, sampling, significance testing
• Gaming experience particularly with the Call of Duty franchise a strong plus
• Team-oriented & ability to build relationships effectively
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5y43-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.