Activision Blizzard Media is a rapidly growing business created to connect advertisers with our 350M+ global player base across Activision, Blizzard and King.
The initial goal of this growing start-up effort has been to build premium, innovative advertising experiences for extraordinary casual mobile games like King's Candy Crush Saga. Looking ahead, we plan to launch advertising across the Activision Blizzard portfolio, including high growth areas like esports. This is a really exciting time to join this growing business.
Your role within Activision Blizzard Media
You will be responsible for delivering advanced data science analyses within the measurement and insights team of our advertising business. Responsibilities include marketing analytics, methodological vetting of third party measurement solutions, ad hoc data queries, and assisting our data science team with delivering internal data for the needs of the sales, marketing, measurement, and insights teams.
This role will work within the Data Science discipline of the Marketing, Measurement, & Insights (MMI) team to inform and carry out the roadmap for quantitative research related to ad effectiveness at ABM.
• Develop data pipelines using SQL in order to help readily provide metrics that inform findings for MMI & Sales on the efficacy of the platform.
• Assist with ad hoc analysis and large scale meta analysis to determine best practices among advertising campaigns to yield successful branding and offline sales lift outcomes.
• Perform ad hoc data queries and statistical analyses to provide audience insights to internal and external constituents.
• Use advanced statistical modeling techniques to unlock deeper psychological and behavioral insights about our gaming audience.
• Manage projects end to end including the creation of technology and tools that aid in the creation of insights for the Marketing, Measurement, and Insights (MMI) team.
• Assist in QA of existing tools and management of projects assessing the methodological decisions of our analyses and tools.
Skills to create thrills
As an expert in data science techniques and rigorous quantitative analytics, this role will infuse quantitative rigor and insight into broader measurement and marketing initiatives.
• Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Strong SQL skills, up to joining techniques, windowing functions, and array / struct functions in any dialect; Google BigQuery a plus
• Experience with data manipulation in either Python/R
• Knowledge of analytics and inferential statistics.
• Knowledge of VCS (e.g. Git) and some understanding of git strategics (e.g. gitflow, oneflow)
• Strong sense of algorithmic imputation and efficiency; able to merge statistical principles with reproducibility and productization
• Excellent ability to communicate analytics to a non-technical audience
• BA/BS in quantitative discipline such as data science or computer science.
• Some experience in visualization of data in R (ggplot2) or Python (preferably Altair). Willingness to learn visualization best practices
• Experience in driving an analytic plan from gathering of data to insights and business savvy recommendations drawn from the inferential analytic models
• Strong presentation skills for internal and external stakeholders, with a focus on explaining both the methodology and insights derived from statistical models
• Interest in gaming across a variety of platforms (mobile, console, PC, etc.) is advantageous
About Activision and Our Family of Brands
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one (or more!) of our games. We have developed more than 200 fun titles and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. King has game studios in Barcelona, Berlin, Bucharest, London, Malmö, Seattle, San Francisco and Stockholm along with offices in Chicago, LA, Malta, New York, and Tokyo. King is an independent unit of Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) which acquired King in February 2016.
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King's games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It's what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we're not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb89vk-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.