Job Title: Quality Requirements Tester I
Reports To: QA Project Lead
Locations: El Segundo, CA
Department: Quality Assurance
QA Testers are a support function within the Quality Assurance team. Under the supervision of the QA Project Leads and QA Management team, they are responsible for testing and generating bug reports for pre-release video games as well as verifying functionality, data content, performance, 1st Party Compliance, usability/playability, and hardware/software compatibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in executing the QA project test plan by performing thorough testing on assigned software titles. This can include functionality, balance, stability, performance, interface, art, sound, text, documentation, and other types of testing.
• Identifies and documents defects in a clear and concise manner using the assigned bug tracking database.
• Assists the Production/Development team in tracking down issues and working out the steps to reproduce so that they are easier to locate and fix.
• Completes regression/verification testing as needed.
• Follows instructions and accomplishes tasks as directed by the QA Project Lead or QA Management.
• Experience and familiarity with multiple gaming platforms and genres.
• Experience with Quality Assurance testing of software projects (desired).
• Understanding of the software test cycle process (desired).
• Knowledge of most popular console platforms and related peripherals, PC Software/hardware, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Excellent written/spoken English.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Strong interest in video games.
• Must possess excellent communication skills.
• Sharp attention to detail.
• Team player.
• Honesty and a strong work ethic.
• Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively.
• Ability to remain focused in a team-oriented environment.
Core competencies (for internal use only) :
• Take initiative
• Passionate about the business
• Focused and accountable
• Strong communication
• Figure it out
• Self-motivated to do high quality work
• Committed to constant growth
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0w308-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.