Job Title:QA Tester (Temporary) - Vicarious Visions
*This position is an initial 1-year assignment with the possibility for extension.
*Relocation to the Albany, NY commuting area will be required.
As a Quality Assurance Tester, you will collaborate with a team of talented testers to deliver high quality AAA products to spec and on time. You will be responsible for testing a variety of software with the goal of reporting defects into a bug tracking database. Quality Assurance Testers are critical to our development process. Come join us and help raise our quality bar even higher!
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Testing pre-release video games and verifying functionality, content, performance, playability, and hardware compatibility.
• Providing detailed gameplay, balance and tuning feedback as requested
• Creating organized and detailed documentation of defects and feedback in a bug tracking database
• Debugging and troubleshooting
• Verification of bug fixes
• Collaboration with QA team members and other interdisciplinary teams.
• A passion for video games and the Quality Assurance discipline
• Knowledge of industry practices and software, including but not limited to Agile and Waterfall methodologies, Scrum, MS Office programs, Task Tracking Software, etc.
• Excel in a collaborative environment
• Must be comfortable with work involving mature themes, including but not limited to content with an M rating.
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to organize and manage time efficiently to help ensure the success of our teams.
• Available for 40 hours per week with the possibility of OT as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with a background in an industry-related field is preferred
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.