Software Engineer - Central Technology
Santa Monica, CA
As a Production Coordinator you will be providing support to the production and development teams in a variety of areas and through all phases of development including pre-production, production, alpha, beta, and submission. The PC may also manage a support SKU or part of a project.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Own part of a project (e.g. multiplayer or other feature)
• Manage day-to-day production of a support SKU (e.g. 3DS or port) if needed; includes being main point of contact for developer
• Manage relationship with the developer on assigned SKU
• Oversight and coordination in key areas such as ratings, first party submissions, localization's, screenshots and video capture, and manual creation
• Serve as a catch-all for any production tasks the require attention
• Provide support to user-testing efforts including equipment wrangling, build distribution, and coordination with developers
• Provide ongoing risk assessments to production team leadership with respect to weaknesses, bottlenecks, and risks to schedule and quality; help troubleshoot and resolve issues
• Work closely with QA and Technical Requirements groups to oversee QA process including coordination and communication between production team, QA, TRG, and developers; also includes managing bug database; oversee submission of SKUs to first parties
• Manage and track build schedules, deliveries, and distribution
• Record meeting notes when needed and translate them into a coherent, organized recap and list of action items
• Build relationships with development teams as part of providing support to them
• Be able to effectively demo the game internally and externally to build buzz with intended audiences
• Be a secondary point of contact for cross-functional groups including Brand Management, Marketing, PR, etc.
• Manage Interns
• Interface with and delegate tasks to Shared Services
• Contribute creative feedback to production team leadership to help ensure product is meeting quality and feature goals
Please note: This is a contingent worker position and will be staffed through Volt, a staffing and workforce management company.
• At least 1 year professional experience, ideally in project management or video games
• Demo Game to internal and external partners (At events and shows)
• Strong communication and critical thinking skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to provide workable solutions
• Strong project management skills including organized and focused methods of working and task prioritization
• Ability to self-manage and self-pace
• Ability to adapt to changing situations and development team cultures
• Ability to work under pressure
• Positive attitude and passion for making games
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.