Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London's West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Activision Blizzard King seeks a privacy legal counsel to join its Legal and privacy team to grow its global privacy program and work with multiple stakeholders, products, services and franchises across the group. The privacy counsel will support the global privacy function, with specific focus on EMEA privacy matters.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties*:
• You will be an active member of the cross group Legal Privacy Team based in King's office in Soho in central London
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders on a variety of products and services including, without limitation, mobile, console and PC games teams, shared and central technology, marketing and advertising teams to ensure privacy compliance.
• Oversee the group's GDPR compliance program, including records of data processing activities (ROPA), privacy risk assessment and, where needed, data protection impact assessments (DPIA) and legitimate interest assessments (LIA) and transfer impact assessments (TIA)
• Prepare, maintain and update privacy documentation, including data protection agreements, standard contractual clauses, and internal policies
• Lead various global privacy and compliance projects for different parts of the business, including marketing, IT, etc.
• Apply a risk-based approach to data protection reviews and guidance
• Keeps abreast of changes in laws, regulations and guidelines across EMEA region that may impact the design, development and marketing of our products and services
• Conduct vendor risk management, including due diligence and coordinating with relevant business stakeholders, legal and info security teams
• Be an escalation point for Customer Support when responding to customers queries related to privacy
• Animate a network of privacy champions across EMEA
• Prepare and perform privacy and data protection training, when needed
• Help enhancing the EMEA legal team's processes, efficiency, compliance framework and best practices.
• 3 years' minimum PQE (or equivalent) in a law firm and/or in-house with some European exposure
• Experience in a similar role with great exposure on privacy & data protection issues
• Strong experience advising on GDPR requirements, with emphasis on use of EU/UK data in a variety of complex market scenarios
• Experience advising on mobile privacy matters
Knowledge & Skills
• Top credentials & qualified to practice law in the UK
• Good understanding of online technologies & their privacy implications
• Ability to deal and liaise with stakeholders at all levels within the business
• Strong organizational skills: ability to identify, prioritize, and resolve issues quickly and effectively
• Ability to manage varied workload through proper work balance, prioritisation and delegation.
• Excellent written & communication skills (English)
• Full commitment to the position
• Adherence to deadlines while working in a busy and challenging environment
• Have done, can do, will do approach
• Positive attitude
• Pragmatic and curious thinker, not afraid to work outside the box
• Great commercial awareness
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience within the video game and/or entertainment industry very appreciated
• International experience appreciated
Knowledge & Skills
• CIPP accreditation (or similar data protection practitioner qualifications) preferred
• Knowledge of OneTrust software a plus
• Knowledge of other languages a plus
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world's most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d289p7-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.