Contract Term: Permanent
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and we will work with you to explore possible interim options.
This role will be based in Soho, the cultural heart of London's West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Near the Soho office is Regent's Park – close enough for a lunchtime run – as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
Reporting to the VP Activision Franchises & Platform Execution, and collaborating alongside the global Platform Strategy team, regional commercial teams, marketing and business units, the Director of Platform Strategies and Partnerships EMEA will provide oversight on the execution of Activision Blizzard's strategic and commercial efforts with First Party business partners. The Platform Strategy function is responsible for overseeing a significant P+L and is tasked with leveraging A|B's content, vision and scale to maximize results through new platform opportunities and marketing partnerships.
Based on global commercial agreements, you will ensure all contract terms are executed across EMEA by both Activision Blizzard as well as our key strategic partners. Additionally, you will help set and track KPI's to ensure alignment on shared goals and incentives between our teams and those of our First Parties. Results will be tracked through forecasting and measured as part of the regional P+L
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Regional platform strategy lead – Act as 1P liaison: first entry point for platform partners into the regional AB organisation with a focus on Microsoft. Ensure we meet contractual obligations for our 1st party agreements and and maximize value and execution across all countries – including across all GTM execution. Identify additional partnership opportunities in region and local opportunity market focus
• Regional platform execution ownership (Blizzard) – Act as the connection between the central HQ team and the local teams for execution through Blizzard channels and on the Blizzard launcher (Battle.net). This will include process, communications, and execution support for all titles launching on Blizzard platforms. Support digital supply chain and digital commerce efforts with all partners in-region
• (Regional contribution to) platform partnership negotiations – assist and/or drives content / platform partnership negotiations
• Regional 1P relationship & business development – manages relationships with all relevant platform partners; identifies, negotiates & executes business opportunities (e.g hardware bundle opportunities) with any relevant platform partners
This role is a director level position where you will thrive on a can-do attitude, not afraid to get completely involved in a working environment that will empower you to create new ideas and encourage you to think outside the box all whilst sharing in some great company benefits and initiatives.
• Proven track record of building solid internal and external relationships and delivering results through close collaboration.
• Strong communication skills including exceptional presentation skills with the capability to frame up complex strategic initiatives.
• Creative problem-solving skills and a high degree of entrepreneurial spirit.
• Highly independent and organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize across multiple projects.
• Proven project management experience in a fast-paced environment – ideally encompassing process design and implementation.
• Strong strategic/financial analysis skills and experience in reviewing and analyzing P+L reports and licensing agreements.
• Critical thinker and process developer.
• Extensive years of experience in relevant roles (e.g. entertainment, tech, content) working on commercial strategy and execution with proven ability to deliver results. Strong preference for direct experience in gaming on mobile or social platforms.
• Bachelor's degree in business management or a related field is preferred.
• Experience in a consulting role preferred but not required.
• Experience with digital content distribution preferred but not required.
• Passion for the interactive entertainment business with in-depth knowledge preferred, but not required.
In addition you will have:
• Clear self-motivation with a history of exceeding high performance standards
• Ability to build productive relationships by using your excellent written and verbal English skills along with strong stakeholder management skills
• Additional EU language (preferred)
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
• Demonstrable experience in self-prioritizing of work and appropriately responses to urgent matters.
• A willingness to travel should it be required in role.
• You will be a confident, proactive and approachable personality that oozes team spirit with the added extra of being a go-getter, ambitious and tenacious in nature who can work autonomously when required all with a great sense of humour.
• Finally a passion for gaming and entertainment is an absolute must.
About Activision Blizzard
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world's most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0yowe-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.